Miami Employment Discrimination Attorneys Fight for Your Rights
Diligently advocating for Miami-Dade South Florida employees
Federal and state legislatures seek to protect individuals from the discriminatory acts of employers through various laws and regulations. These statutes include strict guidelines for discrimination claims, so it’s important to secure representation from a Miami employment discrimination attorney with extensive knowledge in this area of law. Trust the lawyers at Yeboah Law Group to provide you with the knowledgeable and comprehensive representation your case requires.
Aggressively advocating against all types of employment discrimination
Various state and federal laws work to protect employees from the adverse effects of employment discrimination by prohibiting unfair treatment based on the following characteristics:
- Sex and Gender. Gender discrimination is a common form of prejudice within the workplace that disproportionately affects women. It often takes the form of sexual harassment or unequal pay when compared to male counterparts. This type of discrimination also includes prejudices involving pregnancy, as well as sexual orientation and gender identification.
- Race or national origin. Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits employment discrimination based on race or national origin. This prohibition extends to characteristics of race, including skin color, hair texture, cultural dress, or manner of speech.
- Disability. The American with Disabilities Act is a federal statute prohibiting discrimination against an individual based on physical or mental ability. It requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations for these individuals, unless such accommodations would place an undue hardship on the employer’s business operations.
- Age. The Age Discrimination of Employment Act (ADEA) prohibits employers from discriminating against individuals aged 40 or older, on the basis of their age.
- Religion. Federal law prohibits employment discrimination based on an individual’s religious beliefs.
Our firm provides comprehensive representation for individuals negatively impacted by acts of discrimination within the workplace. Our Miami-Dade attorneys have secured successful outcomes for various types of employment discrimination, including acts involving biases in hiring, promotions, job assignments, termination of employment, and compensation amounts. Our South Florida employment discrimination lawyers also provide legal representation to employees who are retaliated against for reporting a complaint, as well as those who experience harassment within the workplace.
Proving employment discrimination
Proving employment discrimination involves much more than making an allegation. Federal and state statutes necessitate that you follow specific filing requirements before instituting a lawsuit. If a court case is brought, the accuser will have to prove one or more off the following basic theories of discrimination:
- The accused was a member of a “protected group,” based on characteristics like race, gender, age or religion.
- Disparate treatment, which in the employment context refers to when a person is intentionally treated differently from others based on one or more of the protected factors.
- Failure to accommodate and individual’s disability.
These requirements can be difficult to meet without representation from a knowledgeable Miami employment discrimination attorney who understands the intricacies of a discrimination case.
Contact a skilled South Florida employment discrimination lawyer today
Employment discrimination claims often start with a hunch or feeling that something just isn’t right. So, you may be unsure about whether you have a valid case. Let the attorneys of Yeboah Law Group help you decipher the incident and determine whether an official claim with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (“EEOC”) and the Florida Commission on Human Relations is appropriate. Contact us today for trustworthy guidance and a commitment to your case. You can call us at 1-800-TELL-SAM or complete our contact form to schedule a free consultation.
Se habla español.