Dump trucks, with their heavy loads, pose a real threat to others traveling on the roadway. This is exemplified by the numerous accidents involving dump trucks on the Florida roadways. While some of these incidents solely resulted in extensive property damage, others ended in tragic fatalities.
More than five dump truck accidents in Florida over a one-month period
Between July and August of 2017, there were more than five truck accidents involving dump trucks on the roadways of Florida. Some of these incidents were as follows:
- August 7. In Hillsborough County, a dump truck caught fire after an accident involving two vehicles. According to WFLA News, the dump truck driver lost control of the vehicle as it hydroplaned on the rain-soaked roadway. The truck hit a concrete barrier and light pole before bursting into flames.
- July 19. A 21-year-old died after rear-ending a dump truck on State Road 258. The dump truck driver suffered minor injuries, according to the Orlando Sentinel.
- July 26. A dump truck driver was seriously injured in Levy County after his front tire failed, causing the vehicle to spin out of control and careen off of the shoulder. As reported by The Gainesville Sun, the dump truck then hit a tree before overturning and catching fire.
- July 28. A dump truck driver, operating his truck with the bed up, drove underneath an underpass and clipped it. Though no one was injured in the accident, the Okaloosa County roadway was reportedly shut down for hours while crews inspected the bridge for safety hazards.
- August 9. A dump truck driver, traveling with his bed raised on Interstate 10, slammed into the Wilkerson Bluff Road overpass. The collision reportedly caused structural damage to the bridge’s support beam, and resulted in an extended closing of the bridge and highway for repairs.
Dump truck accidents can result in serious injuries
When vehicle accidents involve dump trucks, severe injuries can result to operators of other vehicles on the roadway, passengers, and even pedestrians. A knowledgeable Fort Lauderdale truck accident lawyer recognizes the years of medical care and rehabilitation a victim may require in order to experience their best quality of life. This treatment is costly, and often creates significant financial burdens for victims. A personal injury claim can assist in securing the compensation needed to afford necessary medical care.
If you were injured in a dump truck accident, contact Yeboah Law Group to discuss the merits of your claim. We handle personal injury cases on a contingency basis, so there is no upfront cost to you. Call us at 1-800-TELL-SAM or complete our contact form to schedule a free consultation.
Se habla español.